How Will NOSORH, SORHs and Partners Celebrate National Rural Health Day? (September 17, 2012)
What does NOSORH have planned for National Rural Health Day? How did SORHs celebrate last year and how will they celebrate this year? What resources are available and what others are in the works to help with your planning? Download the viewable recording and accompanying PowerPoint of this informative webinar to learn more!
NOSORH National Rural Health Day Webinar Series (November 12-16, 2012)
NOSORH hosted a series of FREE webinars designed to raise awareness of the most pertinent rural health issues and highlight the good work being done by so many to address those issues. We are delighted to provide the followings links to the viewable recordings and PowerPoints of each webinar that was presented:
- Monday, November 12, 3:00 p.m. EST – The Basics of Rural Health (Viewable Recording)
Kristine Sande (Program Director, Rural Assistance Center) (Presentation Slides)
Rebecca Davis (Executive Director, National Cooperative of Health Networks) (Presentation Slides)
Mike Shimmens (Executive Director, Rural Recruitment & Retention Network) (Presentation Slides)
Teryl Eisinger (NOSORH Director) (Presentation Slides)
- Tuesday, November 13, 1:00 p.m. EST – Cultural Awareness While Serving Rural Veterans (Viewable Recording | Presentation Slides)
Buck Richardson (Minority Veterans Program Coordinator, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs)
Jay Shore (Associate Professor of Psychiatry, University of Colorado-Denver)
- Tuesday, November 13, 3:00 p.m. EST – Exploring Rural Health Policy Issues (Viewable Recording)
Bill Finerfrock (NOSORH Legislative Liaison) (Presentation Slides)
- Wednesday, November 14, 2:30 p.m. EST – HRSA Rural Health Update (Viewable Recording)
Mary Wakefield (Administrator, U.S. Health Resources & Services Administration)
- Thursday, November 15, 3:00 p.m. EST – Celebrating 25 Years for HRSA’s Office of Rural Health Policy and 10 Years for the Rural Assistance Center (Viewable Recording | Presentation Slides)
Tom Morris (HRSA Associate Administrator)
Kristine Sande (RAC Program Director)
- Friday, November 16, 2:00 p.m. EST – Looking Toward the Future of Rural Health Care (Viewable Recording)
Randall Longenecker (Project Director, Rural Training Track Technical Assistance Program) (Presentation Slides)
Jim DeTienne (President, National Association of EMS Officials) (Presentation Slides)
AgriSafe Announces National Rural Health Day Events (November 15 & 16, 2012)
The AgriSafe Network, one of NOSORH’s National Rural Health Day national partners, has announced its upcoming lineup of National Rural Health Day events:
- Thursday, November 15 (Check Local Listings) – A pre-recorded interview with Carolyn Sheridan, AgriSafe’s clinical director will be broadcast on the Illinois-based RFD Radio Network. The network, affiliated with the Illinois Farm Bureau, provides agricultural programming for approximately 80 stations in Illinois.
- Thursday, November 15; 11:06 a.m. EST – Carolyn will join Mike Adams live on AgriTalk, a nationally syndicated radio show which reaches 100,000 listeners in rural areas.
- Friday, November 16; 1:00 p.m. EST – Protecting the People Who Feed America
Speakers for this webinar include AgriSafe Executive Director Natalie Roy and AgriSafe Clinical Director Carolyn Sheridan. Click here to register!