The National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) was established in 1995 to assist State Offices of Rural Health (SORHs) in their efforts to improve access to, and the quality of, health care for Rural Americans.
Working with SORHs and other rural health stakeholders, NOSORH seeks to develop programs and support activities which strengthen each state’s ability to:
- Improve access to quality health care;
- Expand the rural health workforce;
- Reduce oral and behavioral health disparities;
- Strengthen rural hospitals;
- Broaden the reach of health information technology; and
- Enhance rural emergency services.
What NOSORH Does:
- Cultivates the next generation of SORH and community leaders;
- Strengthens the technical assistance capacity of SORHs;
- Facilitates partnerships the spur the development of rural health-related activities;
- Fosters the exchange of rural health-related information and best practices; and
- Provides a “collective voice on rural health issues.
Visit NOSORH’s website to learn more.